It takes a crossover pro to manage the university website

March 4th, 2005 Karine Joly 2 Comments

I’ve just read “Do You Know a Crossover Pro?”, an article written by the consultant John Savarese for Campus Technology.

What’s a crossover pro?

“A new breed of administrator (…): the crossover specialist who understands both IT and functional sides”.

Even if web professionals are not mentioned in this article, people taking care of higher ed websites have to be crossover pros. Between IT and Marketing, they (we) provide support to all the website stakeholders while making sure the needs of the target audiences are not silenced.

Talking about a juggling act…

2 Responses

  1. […] programming, writing, marketing and even diplomacy.) On campus, we’re the ultimate crossover pros. […]

  2. […] ace as web pros in our industry? I think it all comes down to the fact that we have to be crossover pros. I […]

Got a question or comment?