Can you believe it?
It’s been 5 years (here’s my first post), 5 years where I witnessed and chronicled amazing changes in web, marketing and PR in higher education.
So, here are 5 little known facts about collegewebeditor.com:
- It’s a millionaire with 1,010,801 spam comments caught by Akismet (BTW, would you be my Valentine, Dear Akismet? – I still remember the days where you didn’t exist, and I had to check every single little check box in front of spam comments. Took about 15 to 20 minutes per day).
- It has always been powered by WordPress – another love story of mine – and started with WP 1.2
- It has allowed me to make connections with great professionals working in higher education around the world.
I will always remember the day when I noticed that Georgina Hibberd who worked at the University of Sydney at that time wrote about one of my posts. I couldn’t believe that my little musings could interest somebody half across the world.
- A few weeks after I started, my best friend told me it was “a big loss of my time that would never bring me anything”. Famous last words, I guess.
- It was named collegewebeditor.com because I was working as a Web editor for The College of Saint Elizabeth, the name of which I kept secret for many years. We’re talking about the early days of blogging in higher education, so I decided to play the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” card. I should say that my blogging was never seen as a problem by my boss.
I know that you are all busy as ever, but why not take 2 minutes to tell us if this blog has made any difference in your professional life? Post a comment!