The Big #heweb15 Recap
I didn’t make it to the HighEdWeb Conference this year, but I did follow the #heweb15 backchannel on Twitter & read the posts about the conference sessions published by the excellent team of bloggers from LINK, the journal of the HighEdWeb Association.
So, here are the slides I was able to find so far as well as the posts from LINK and notes from conference attendees.
I will update this page as more slides are published, so please if you presented and posted your slides on Slideshare or any other slides web service, leave the link in the comment so I can update this post.
Selection of slides from the 2015 HighEdWeb Conference
Tragedy, Pitchforks and Twitter: Managing Campus Crises on Social Media – BEST OF CONFERENCE
Demystifying Responsive Email – BEST OF TRACK
Slacking Off at Work – BEST OF TRACK
Improv the Situation (GOOGLE Slides) – BEST OF TRACK
Your Website is a Window, Not a Billboard – BEST OF TRACK
Check yo self(ie) – BEST OF TRACK
A Fresh Perspective on Responsive Design
Building an Organized, Automated, and Sustainable Workflow Using Bower, Grunt, and Github
Little Yellow Boxes: Search is the Content King-Maker
Make the Web Faster: Web Performance Best Practices You Should Be Using Today
- Xavier.edu: Searching for Direction
- Ohio State University Data â€œSiloâ€ SMACdown : Enter the EIP
- Come Together, Right Now (PDF)
- #Drupal 8 Crash Course
- Let’s Get Sassy: Responsive Design with Foundation and Sass (PDF)
- Selling UX: Lessons From The Firing Line
- The Ultimate Time Saver: Building a Responsive Pattern Library (PDF)
- Schlemiel, Schlemazel, Digital Signage Incorporated!
- The Blues Is #1: Lessons from the Blues Masters on Weathering the Storms of Change (PDF)
- Personalizing the New-Student Onboarding Experience (PDF)
- Light up the Web! An Intro to Building Apps with Firebase and Angular
- Secret Agent Man: How to Work with an Outside Partner (GOOGLE Slides)
- Carousels, Dropdowns, and Modal Dialogs: Accessibility and Common Web Widgets
- Be Kind, For Everyone You Meet is Fighting a Hard Battle
- Universal Interaction Design (GOOGLE Slides)
- Open-source Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
- CREATING THE COMPETITIVE EDGE: making student learning experiences valuable for the job market (GOOGLE Slides)
- How to Boil the Ocean (GOOGLE Slides)
- Lessons Learned – The Penn State Accessibility Initiative
- Building WordPress to Scale (GOOGLE Slides)
Must-read blog posts published on LINK
I know how hard it is to blog a conference while attending it – and this year again, the LINK team has done an amazing job. So, you definitely need to read ALL their posts.
Don’t see your slides or your post(s) above?
Post a link to your presentation slides or your conference posts so I can add them to this post.
Into Social Media & looking for another conference to attend with your team?
Check out the speaker line up and the program of the 3rd Annual Higher Ed Social Media Conference (Dec 2, 2015) – no travel required for this one :-)