I’ve already mentioned that my summer plans include a trip to Atlantic City, NJ this year as I’m scheduled to give the closing keynote presentation at the eduWeb conference (so, if you plan to attend, make sure you don’t leave early — pretty please ;-)
Conference director Shelley Wetzel asked me to remind you all that the call for proposal is open until March 17.
So, here’s my reminder with 5 reasons for you to submit a proposal – in no particular order:
- Presenting at conferences can also be a great way to get some of the third-party validation we all need from time to time to navigate campus politics.
- Don’t know what you could talk about? Shelley has put together a list of suggested topics to get you started.
- Presenters get a $75 discount off the conference registration fee.
- Some presentations will hopefully be covered here — with the help of some guest bloggers as it has become a tradition at eduWeb – which means that your presentation might get you some Google love.
- If you end up presenting as well, I’ll be able to brag that we both presented at the same conference (and I’ll get a chance to meet you :-).
So, what are you waiting for? Don’t be shy and submit a proposal before March 17, 2008!