The Big #heweb16 Recap
I didn’t make it to the HighEdWeb Conference this year, but I did follow the #heweb16 backchannel on Twitter & read the posts about the conference sessions published by the excellent team of bloggers from LINK, the journal of the HighEdWeb Association.
So, I’ve compiled this big list of the slides I was able to find so far as well as the posts from LINK and notes from conference attendees.
I will update this page as more slides are published, so please if you presented and posted your slides on Slideshare or any other slides web service, leave the link in the comment so I can update this post.
Best presentations at 2016 HighEdWeb Conference by popular vote
Shall We Play a Game? Gaming the System, When the System Is Your Learning Management System by Nikki Massaro Kauffman (BEST OF TRACK)
LINK POST: Shall We Play a Game? Gaming the System, When the System Is Your Learning Management System
Fienen’s Totally Topical, Terrific Tutorial to Tag Manager by Michael Fienen (BEST OF TRACK)
LINK POST: Fienen’s Totally Topical, Terrific Tutorial to Tag Manager
S.I.F.T. Through Your Content For Accessibility by Justin Gatewood (BEST OF TRACK)
LINK POST:S.I.F.T. Through Your Content for Accessibility
Explain your work! 5 public speaking skills you can learn now by Genevieve Howard (BEST OF TRACK)
LINK POST: Explain Your Work! 5 Public Speaking Tips You Can Use Now
Access Denied: Keeping Yourself off an Attacker’s Radar (BEST OF TRACK)
Selection of slides from the 2016 HighEdWeb Conference
Events in Stereo: How to help your events and campaigns succeed by Tiffany Broadbent Beker
That is Not My Job: Why Teamwork Matters by Robin Smail
You Broke It, You Bought It: Using Site Redesigns to Foster Culture Change by Tim Senft
Redesigning Your Site for a Better User Experience by Sylvia Nicosia
Get Hooked on Integrations with GitHub by Christopher Thomas
Train the Trainer: Tips for Enhancing Employee Learning
Stop Repeating Yourself: Modularized WordPress Development
Hello from the Other Side: Painful Lessons Learned from a Website Redesign by Lisa Catto
Getting it Right: What Really Matters to Students In Social Media Communities by Corie Martin
Nailing Pinterest: It’s Not All Wedding Dresses and Desserts by Jackie Vetrano
“No, YOU’RE Crying”: How Two Schools Turned a Cinderella Experience into Social Media Gold by Chris D’Orso and Meaghan Fikes
Is This Hashtag Really Necessary: Taking the Plunge into Twitter Chats by David Tyler
Explain your work! 5 public speaking skills you can learn now by Genevieve Howard
Learning to COPE at XU by Greg McMullen
Defeating Content Zombies: What “The Walking Dead” Taught Me About Web Governance by Tim Nekritz
Building a Better (Campus) Map by Aaron Knight
One Size Fits None: Remaking a College Site for a Content Hungry Generation by Christopher Jones and Ardis Kadiu
The Making of a Web Team by Jennifer McFarland
Inside the Black Box: Open Source and Higher Education Systems by Logan Franken
Shall We Play a Game? Gaming the System, When the System Is Your Learning Management System by Nikki Massaro Kauffman
- Effective Academic Program Pages That Attract and Convert by Matt Herzberger (PPTX FILE)
- Project Management: The Musical by Allison Manley and Joe Allen-Black (PDF)
- Accessibility Essentials You Can Use Today
- Easy, Affordable Digital Signs with WordPress by Greg Marshall (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Copy and Paste Is Easy, but Let’s Make Your Site Shine: Helping Non-experts Thrive as Web Managers by Joe Vickless (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- We Live in the Future: 360 Video & Higher Ed (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Get Dirty. Be a Vagrant! by Dan Chase (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- #FridayReads: Library and Campus Engagement through Social Media by Susie Kirk and Lacy Wolfe (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Whose Website is it Anyway? by Jessica Kane and Holly Acito (PDF)
- Self-Updating Social Media-Driven Digital Signage by Adam Gould (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- 50 Case Studies Later, Have We Learned Anything? Running an Internal Web Agency at Stanford by Dustin Liang (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Gone Idea Fishing: A Creative Problem Solving Tacklebox by Matt Ryan (PDF)
- We Can All “Do” User Experience by Jason Kammerdiener (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Think Static — What to Use When a CMS is Too Much by Keegan Berry
- Speed and Security by Mike Richwalsky (PDF)
Must-read blog posts published on LINK
I know how hard it is to blog a conference while attending it – and this year again, the LINK team has done an amazing job. So, you definitely need to read ALL their posts.
Don’t see your slides or your post(s) above?
Post a link to your presentation slides or your conference posts so I can add them to this post.
Into Social Media & looking for another conference to attend with your team?
Check out the speaker line up and the program of the 4th Annual Higher Ed Social Media Conference (Nov 30, 2016) – no travel required for this one :-)