In search of great sessions for the 4th Annual Higher Ed Social Media Conference (Nov 30, 2016)
The Higher Ed Social Media Conference has been a big hit with the community since its launch in 2013.
Every year, hundreds of participants from about a hundred different institutions based in the US, Canada and the UK gathered around big and small screens to attend what has become a must-attend event for higher ed social media teams looking for inspiration, advice and best practices to borrow.
Here’s a selection of some of the group photos (group-ies?) from the 3rd Higher Ed Social Media Conference (2015).
Can you notice the “smiling pattern” on these photos?
That’s why the conference is back this year – by popular demand – on November 30, 2016. I need YOUR help to make it as good as (or even better than) the previous editions with your conference proposal(s)!
Attending the #HESM Conference is great, presenting at it even better
No time to do it?
Not convinced yet?
Any other excuses? ;-)
I’ll give you 5 reasons to submit a speaking proposal (before Sep 21, 2016) for the Higher Ed Social Media Conference:
- it focuses entirely on social media in higher education, so you get to connect and interact with social media professionals facing similar challenges
- it’s a great way to get noticed by your peers, their bosses or even other conference organizers interested in social media (even if you’ve never presented before at industry events)
- it’s an opportunity to present along the side of top voices in higher ed social media
- it’s composed of 10-minute sessions, so – as a presenter and a busy social media pro – you can focus on the essential points (no extra fluff required) AND deliver a fantastic learning experience for attendees
- it doesn’t require a budget to present AND will even help you save some professional development money, because there is no need to travel AND presenters receive a free pass to attend the whole event WITH their team.
So, do you want to help advance social media practice in higher education?
Make sure you share your social media expertise and experience by submitting your presentation proposal for the 4th Higher Ed Social Media Conference. The sessions will be 10-minute long, so you only have the time to focus on the most important and useful points.
Please submit your proposal ASAP as I will start to review them as soon as they come in.
The deadline to submit is Sep 21, 2016, but if you submit early, I get a chance to ask any questions I might have… and as a result it gives you a better chance to be selected :-)
And, may I add that it really pays to present? All selected presenters will get one free online pass worth $400 to attend the conference with their team.
Oh, and the Sep 21, 2016 deadline to submit a proposal is a hard deadline – it won’t be postponed, because the conference program will be announced on Sep 28, 2016.
Whether or not your proposal is accepted, you will get notified super fast.
Not ready to present, but want to attend the conference?
We will have a limited number of seats as the online room is capped.
You can register now and secure your seat via credit card
I love questions! Just post your question(s) below or you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org