UPDATE: the program of the conference is now available, so make sure you register if you want to attend!
Calling all the higher ed social media pros to the rescue!
- Are you in charge of social media at your school?
- Do you spend more time on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and/or LinkedIn than you do in meetings on campus?
- Do you smile (or cry, sing or even jump) each time Facebook, Twitter and Instagram announce new features?
- Do you use “community engagement” or “social media analytics” almost daily in your conversations at work?
Well, keep reading, you’re exactly the type of professionals we want as a speaker for the 1st Higher Ed Advanced Social Media Conference on December 4, 2013!
Why a conference on advanced social media in higher ed?
While there are a few conferences featuring or even focusing on social media in higher education (the excellent High Ed Web conference, CASE SMC, eduWeb, etc.), it’s not easy to get the budget and time to attend events with a good number of advanced sessions on social media.
A lot of great info is also shared on the different platforms, but who has the time to read or watch an endless stream of updates? Your colleagues who have taken my 8-week online course on social media marketing for higher ed since February 2011 have often told me what a challenge it can be.
So, I’m trying to think outside the box with the Higher Ed Social Media 2013 Conference (HESM13 for short and… twitter) on December 4, 2013 – and I need your help!
- Things move super fast in social media, so the call for proposals will close only 7 weeks before the event. I’m looking for fresh angles and new initiatives that can help your higher ed colleagues make a difference in 2014.
- If you are a great social media professional working in higher education, you are already very busy. So, I want to make sure this online conference offers as much goodness as possible without taking you away from work for too long. That’s why the conference will feature 11 carefully-selected and fine-tuned 10-minute sessions and a 20-minute keynote.
Want to help advance social media practice in higher education?
Make sure you share your social media expertise and experience by submitting an A-game presentation proposal for the Higher Ed Social Media 2013 conference. The sessions will be 10-minute long, so you only have the time to focus on the most important and useful points.
Please submit your proposal ASAP as I will start to review them as soon as they come in.
If you submit early, it gives me a chance to ask any question I might have… and as a result it gives you a better chance to be selected :-) And, it really pays to present as all presenters will get one free online pass worth $400 to attend the conference with their team.
Oh, and the October 16, 2013 deadline to submit a proposal is a hard deadline - it won’t be postponed, because we just won’t have enough time to do it :-)
Not ready to present, but want to attend the conference?
We will have a limited number of seats as the online room is capped.
You can register now and secure your seat via credit card
I love questions! Just post your question(s) below or you can also email email@example.com