I’ve been thinking about this for a while now:
How can we manage to keep up with all the amazing content and interesting conversations taking place in so many higher ed websites and blogs?
I tried the catch-up-date post a few weeks ago on this blog, but realized quickly they were also drawn in the sea of published content.
So, then I thought about email (maybe because I was promoting the Email Marketing 360 webinar series starting tomorrow)
Why not try to compile the best of the content published on all the sites we wish we could visit more often in a short right-to-the-point email newsletter sent every week or so?
The results of the survey we ran a month or so ago showed me it was worth trying (80% of the 540 respondents indicated they would be interested in receiving updates every other week), so I did and sent this morning – to the registered HEE members only – the first issue of this new email newsletter compiling:
- the latest higher ed jobs from www.higheredexperts.com/work,
- upcoming events and conferences pulled from the higher ed calendar I maintained on this blog,
- the 5 most engaging discussions on the uwebd Ning website,
- the 5 must-read posts from the higher ed blogosphere,
- the latest video website reviews from educheckup.com
- the 5 most popular websites at the edustyle gallery for the past 7 days
Want to check out the first issue sent this morning?
Here it is:
If you’re a registered HEE members, you should have received it. If you’re not, but want to give this newsletter a try, you can just subscribe to it by filling out the form below: